Imagine, if you can, summer temperatures hovering in the ’80s; sunlight filtering down through towering Norway pines; the sound of loons echoing in the early morning; the flight of an eagle as she soars overhead; warm Northerly breezes skipping over Big Wolf Lake . . .
This picture of Kamaji wouldn’t be complete without the campers and staff who bring it alive every summer. Some of the elements that compose Kamaji’s portrait are:
- 150 girls, ages seven through fifteen, attend Kamaji each session.
- Girls enroll for either the full eight-week season or one of two four-week sessions.
- Campers live together in groups of 8 or 9 girls with 3 cabin counselors.
- Our complete staff lineup totals 90+ for an overall camper/staff ratio of 2:1.
- Kamaji offers individualized instruction in over 20 activities. Campers choose their instructional activities week-to-week and participate in four instructional periods each day.
- Kamaji’s atmosphere is relaxed without being lax and structured without being regimented.
- Kamaji is a place where each girl is able to be herself, have fun, learn new recreational skills and form life-long friendships.
- Camp Kamaji is an American Camping Association (ACA) Accredited Camp.
- Having operated continuously as a residential summer camp for girls since 1914. Kamaji has the distinction of being the oldest camp for girls in Minnesota. Second, third and even fourth generation campers bring Kamaji’s rich heritage to life each summer. While its program, over the past 100 years, has grown and changed to “keep up with the times”, many original Kamaji traditions are still followed today.
- Most importantly, Kamaji is a joyous, fun-filled, child-centered community whose real spirit is a happy intangible that defies description!
FULL EIGHT WEEK SEASON: Saturday, June 18 – Thursday, August 11 inclusive
FIRST FOUR WEEK SESSION: Saturday, June 18 – Thursday, July 14 inclusive
SECOND FOUR WEEK SESSION: Saturday, July 16 – Thursday, August 11 inclusive